[rabbitmq-discuss] Feature Req / Bug list

Graeme N graeme at sudo.ca
Mon Oct 28 19:28:56 GMT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Michael Klishin <michael at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

> > However, with this tool, I can see messages being delivered to the
> cluster, but they never make it to the queue or are retained there:
> >
> > ./runjava.sh com.rabbitmq.examples.PerfTest -k "test" -C 100000 -x 1 -y
> 0 -s 4 -f persistent
>
> Add -e “” -t “direct” to publish using default exchange.
>
> Perhaps PerfTest should use default exchange unless exchange name is
> provided.

That's the behaviour I'd expect, but isn't good if someone runs against a
production cluster (which isn't a great idea, but still, it might happen).
In any case, -t direct doesn't seem to help, getting the same stack traces.

Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: channel error;
reason: {#method<channel.close>(reply-code=403, reply-text=ACCESS_REFUSED -
operation not permitted on the default exchange, class-id=40,
method-id=10), null, ""}

I don't see any options to this class to pass guest/guest default
authentication to it, which might be what's happening here. Is there an
environment variable or something I'm missing to set the login username and
password?

Graeme