[rabbitmq-discuss] Management API and monitoring

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 28 09:12:53 GMT 2013

On 25/10/2013 8:00PM, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> Is the publish details time delayed?  e.g. for the last "5 minutes" or
> how is that reset?  I don't see a "published since" kinda of field that
> would let me calculate a rate of incoming message flow.  I can image
> that's a "transactions per minute" kinda rate, but that'll never hit 0
> if the queue received one message since the beginning of time and
> nothing since.

By default it should apply to the last five seconds, but it will be
influenced by the msg_rates_incr argument mentioned here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_2_0/priv/www/api/index.html

> Now I did see this:
>
>   *
>     backing_queue_status:

So *technically* you shouldn't use this as it is
undocumented-subject-to-change and also dependent on the backing queue
implementation.

However, in practice the backing_queue_status hasn't changed since 2.0.0
and nobody ever changes the backing queue implementation, so you should
be good.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen