[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashed

Kapil Goyal goyalk at vmware.com
Thu Oct 24 22:29:51 BST 2013

Simon, Michael,

Thanks for your responses.

> What version of Rabbit do you run?
3.1.5

> What basic.qos values do you use?
Prefetch-count = 50

> Do you have a way to reproduce the issue more or less reliably?
We have only tried this once. We plan to try it again early next week.

> Is this the only error message in the logs?
There are many errors like this before the crash:
=ERROR REPORT==== 21-Oct-2013::20:01:09 ===
webmachine error: path="/api/connections"
"Unauthorized"

> I don't think it took down the entire node, I expect the queue crashed.
> Still unacceptable though.
Error message says "Generic server <0.764.0> terminating". Does this not
indicate that node crashed?

> Kapil, this will be fixed in the next release.
This is good news. But, our product is already shipped with RabbitMQ 3.1.5
and upgrade won't be easy. Nonetheless, is this totally a server issue,
being hit because of high load, or can we do anything at the client end to
avoid it?

Regards
Kapil