[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ JMS Client

Jonathan Skrzypek jonathan.skrzypek at gs.com
Wed Oct 23 15:09:51 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to test the JMS Client for vFabric RabbitMQ.
My understanding is that the JMS implementation in this client doesn't use
the classic JNDI/lookup way of doing things in the JMS world.
Instead you have to use an ObjectFactor to create and register your factory.

I couldn't find java samples showing how to use the client.
I know there is a reference app but it's using the Play Framework Scala.

I tried to get a connectionfactory from
ObjectFactory.createConnectionFactory(Reference ref, Name name), with no
luck.
I get a factory, but get a non-explicit exception when trying to call
createConnection(), like :
Exception occurred: com.rabbitmq.jms.util.RMQJMSException: tcp://broker:port

Is there a simple java sample anywhere ? Has somebody been able to build the
usual connectionfactory->connection->session->producer/consumer object tree
?

Regards.