[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ - can we make use policies as load balancing in cluster?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Oct 23 13:03:51 BST 2013

On 23 Oct 2013, at 15:37, Rajasekhar P <sekhar434145 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi MK, sorry for sending messages again, as per my understanding it sounds like with policies we cannot achieve load balancing right?

Rajasekhar,

Policies are used for more than one feature. Two of them cannot be used for load balancing,
one that can — federated queues — is not available in RabbitMQ 3.1.x.
My earlier email answers this question in more detail.

3.2, which includes federated queues that you want, will ship very soon.

MK