[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicReturn event question

ku3ia demesg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:23:23 BST 2013

Please advise! I'm using dotnet client library to connect to RabbitMQ server.
Also I'm using BasicReturn event to catch un-routable messages. When I
publish a message via BasicPublish with empty routing key or key, which
doesn't use at any combination with exchange, I catch an event at
BasirReturnEvent Handler. Its ok. But my question is can I catch exception
in try-catch module? For example:

IConnection connection = ...
IModel channel = ...
channel.BasicReturn += BasicReturnVoid;

IBasicProperties properties = ...

try {
  channel.BasicPublish(exchange, key, true, properties, message);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
  // can catch NO ROUTE and other exceptions here???
}

public static void BasicReturnVoid(IModel channel, BasicNackEventArgs args)
{
  // normally NO_ROUTE exception catches here
}

Thanks.