[rabbitmq-discuss] abnormally large memory use in "binaries"

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 21 18:01:37 BST 2013

Hi Brian,

On 18/10/13 20:33, Brian Hammond wrote:
> This is a topper:
>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccq0zidcck2ca8j/rabbitMQ-dead-with-0-messages.png
>
> Using 18gb with 0 messages...

Thank you very much for this information. This has allowed me to form a
hypothesis about where the memory might be going. In order to confirm,
can you supply the output of netstat on the consumer connections? I'm
particularly interested in the size of the send and receive queue.

Also, you originally claimed that messages are about 280B. From the
information provided the sizes appear to be much larger than that, some
of them multiple megabytes in size. Can you think of an explanation for
the discrepancy?

-Emile