[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ - How to recover messages in case of unfinished consumed state?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon Oct 21 09:06:56 BST 2013

On oct 21, 2013, at 11:18 a.m., Rajasekhar P <sekhar434145 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to test unfinished consumed state scenario using Spring-AMQP. Could anyone please explain how to retrieve unfinished messages by consumers?

What do you mean by "unfinished messages"?

As it was recommended to you in earlier threads, to force a delivery to be requeued, all you
need to do is to close the channel it was on. Add 2 consumers in your test, one that
closes the channel on purpose, another one that does something useful. Publish N
messages that are routed to their queue, in the end make sure you have N messages processed.

MK