[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang requirement in RabbitMQ

ranjitiyer ranjitiyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 23:04:15 BST 2013

Hi,

I realize this is a RabbitMQ forum and I have an Erlang question.

We build a COTS product and are considering including RabbitMQ as our
messaging system. We can't expect our customers to install Erlang as a
requirement and so we must bundle it with our software. I haven't found a
Zip version of Erlang OTP for Windows and so I was wondering what my options
were.

1. Include the Erlang Installer and run it as part of our product installer.
2. Zip up the Erlang dir structure and have the installer Unzip it on the
customer's machine.

We like RabbitMQ but feel the Erlang requirement complicates the
setup/installer story. Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ranjit