[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq client timeouts, slow responses

tsduncan terrysduncan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:52:20 BST 2013

Yes, I meant accepting the TCP connection. There are other applications
that are using the bus (which I am not in control of) that use short term
connections to send a message and then go away. I am dealing with a
connection/socket shortage and that can be resolved. I'd like to make my
app more resilient to such an issue by not giving up after 10 seconds.  A
python script connecting with the PIKA library will connect after 30-50
seconds. But there is something in the RabbitMQ Java library that times out
after 10 seconds. I am searching for that timeout value so I can increase
it.  The connectionFactory.setConnectionTimeout() sounds like the right
thing but does not affect this timeout.