[rabbitmq-discuss] Newbie question

Christian Rodriguez CRodriguez at bn.com
Thu Oct 17 17:22:43 BST 2013

Can someone point me on the right direction?
Need a hardware architecture diagram for a cluster environment, I'd like to purchase the hardware but I am a bit confused as to what is needed.

*         Need an architectural diagram for hardware and any specific roles

*         Broker, exchange, queue servers,  Do these functions all run in one server?

*         Need to worry about HA and failover,

*         If cluster is setup, do I need shared storage or can the data live in each node, best practice???

*         I understand the software and data needs to co-exist on the same volume or disk as the OS as one large disk, is this true.  I'd rather install the OS RHEL and software data in different drives, best practice???

*         Does rabbit MQ benefit from a fusion-io storage card?  Or as long as there is memory I am covered???

Thanks for any help or guidance anyone can provide

This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein.  If you are not an intended recipient,
please send an email immediately to postmaster at bn.com  and take the steps necessary to delete
the message completely from your computer system.