[rabbitmq-discuss] centos linux install failed to create rabbitmq-env.conf or rabbitmq.config

ken macpherson kmacpher67 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:12:21 BST 2013

getting closer...
perms???
I go to the directory:
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-3.1.5/sbin

run rabbitmq-server
after chown the pid and log directory. rabbitmq ran from a command line.

> # rabbitmq-server
>               RabbitMQ 3.1.5. Copyright (C) 2007-2013 GoPivotal, Inc.
>   ##  ##      Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/
>   ##  ##
>   ##########  Logs: /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit.log
>   ######  ##        /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit-sasl.log
>               Starting broker... completed with 8 plugins.
> Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

Still not happy from a /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start

OK, so it works from the command line.  But it looks like we had a do to an
uninstall of a previous version from Aug, and residue from that failed
install was buggering us good.
The new install didn't update the init.d/rabbitmq-server script.  After
much unhappy hacking, we are trying an uninstall, deletes and re-install.