[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow Control behavior in a Cluster Questions

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 16 17:40:04 BST 2013

On 16/10/13 17:19, Norm Vilmer wrote:
> If I have 2 virtual hosts on a 6 node cluster with each node using local
> disk for persistence and each virtual host mirrors its queues across 3
> nodes, will a disk alarm on one disk block all producer on the cluster
> regardless of virtual host and queue mirror?

Yes.

The point is that if machine A has run out of disc space, a client can
connect to machine B and publish to a queue on A. So we need to block
publishers everywhere.

And vhosts are fairly thin in RabbitMQ, the storage underneath is all
shared anyway. So if one vhost runs out of disc space they all have.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal