[rabbitmq-discuss] Dead letter exchange statistics?

Brian Reischl breischl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:16:18 BST 2013

While trying out dead letter exchanges, I noticed that dead lettered
messages don't seem to appear in the statistics on the admin console. So if
I'm dead-lettering a lot of messages (eg, subscriber that
reject(requeue=false) all messages) the dead letter exchange that is
receiving those messages shows as idle. I would've expected the Message
Rate In to be equal to the rate of dead lettered messages.

The same thing applies to any queues attached to the dead letter exchange.
The Incoming Message Rate shows 0, even though I can see the Ready Message
Count going up.

Is that a bug, or is it expected behavior for some reason?