[rabbitmq-discuss] Stupid Newbie Question - what is the uri or a queue?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:06:29 BST 2013

Ah - that's helpful. Thanks.

Hopefully one more newb question.  New host, new install.  I touched
nothing in the configuration.

To test, I used rabbitmqadmin from my desktop, following the steps here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management-cli.html

Error on publish follows:

 $ ./rabbitmqadmin -H lab.rabbit-1.domain.net -u guest -p guest  publish
exchange=amq.default routing_key=test payload="hello, world"
Message published but NOT routed

What have I done wrong?

I note we do our host names 'funny' here, and it's not showing up in the
node name correctly.  That is the name of the host is
lab.rabbit-1.domain.net and rabbitmq returns node=rabbit at lab

~Brian

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"