[rabbitmq-discuss] time to live on a durable message

PATAR, SAGAR sp345s at att.com
Tue Oct 15 18:58:53 BST 2013

Is there a way we can define time to live on a message published to a durable exchange ..

What happens when a message binding key doesn't matches any binding .. does it stay in the durable exchange till the time to live is expired ..

Scenario 1:
Let's say we have a time to live of 2 hr for a message and its published to a durable exchange with no binding Key match (ex: binding key = NoMatch) ... after 1 hr let's say a  client subscribes for messages with bindingKey ="NoMatch" on that exchange .. will the message be delivered to the client ??

Scenario 2:
Let's say we have a time to live of 2 hr for a message and its published to a durable exchange with a binding key match (ex: binding key = match)  and the message will be routed to a queue and is consumed by a client .. After 1 hr If a new client subscribes for the messages with bindingKey ="match" by creating a new Queue ..will the new client get the  same message