[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit connections dying from protected enviornment

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 11 17:11:14 BST 2013

Hi Kale,

On 11/10/13 16:54, Ganann, Kale wrote:

> If we try to go past the VIP straight to a node, it fails outright

In what way exactly does it fail? What do the broker logfiles say?

What happens if you shut down all but one of the broker nodes?

> Thus the main issue is what is the client seeing that causing it to
> restart the connection.

That's hard to guess without knowing the logic of the client or it's
network input.

> Any ideas on what in that sequence could be hosing us up?

It should be possible to provide better feedback if you can supply the
output of connecting the client via the tracer:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/javadoc/com/rabbitmq/tools/Tracer.html

-Emile