[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq.config location when running as a Windows service

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Fri Oct 11 12:52:22 BST 2013

Hello,

I have RabbitMQ 3.1.5 installed (using the recommended procedure) at a (French) Windows Server machine. (Cannot change the machine nor the language ;-)

I have the rabbitmq.config in the directory as explained at http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html
When I start RabbitMQ using command-line 'rabbitmq-server start', everything works fine.

But when I start the RabbitMQ service, the rabbitmq.config is silently ignored. No warning nor error. Is this expected behavior?
No RABBITMQ_xxx environment variable is set.

Thanks a lot,
Petr