[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and Clustering on Windows

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 11 09:37:32 BST 2013

Hi Ron,

On 11/10/13 00:30, Cordell, Ron wrote:

> The version of Rabbit is 3.1.5 and Erlang 16B01, 64 bit Windows.

That version of Erlang should be avoided. Are you able to replicate the
problem with an older or newer version?

> And yet we continue to experience these network partitions.
There are few ways that partitions can form without a network
interruption. If the erlang cookie is changed on a subset of nodes then
those nodes will leave the cluster. The Erlang distribution layer can
also be stopped administratively on a node via a specific "rabbitmqctl
eval" command. If you are not doing anything like that then the most
likely explanation is a network problem. If you have not tried this yet
you might consider increasing the net_ticktime to improve resilience in
the presence of short outages:

 http://www.rabbitmq.com/nettick.html

-Emile