[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ cluster - why policy is appearing in all the nodes?

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 10 10:01:01 BST 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 12:52 PM, Rajasekhar P <sekhar434145 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I execute the command "rabbitmqctl list_policies" on rabbit1 and rabbit2 nodes, both the nodes are displaying polices.  Is that the right behaviour?

It is.

Your clients can connect to any node in the cluster and use it: publish and consume messages,
create queues, etc. If a queue can be created on any node, then it's natural to distribute
policies, no?

Because of this, certain amount of cluster state is automatically propagated to all cluster nodes.
Without this, clients would have to know what node exactly they are talking to and that's
significantly less convenient, especially if you take things such as load balancers into
the picture.

MK