[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Cluster - node hanging on join_cluster - mnesia reporting connection issues
zachary.w.austin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:50:13 BST 2013
We're having an issue getting one machine in our rabbit cluster back up and
running after a reboot affected two of the 4 servers in the cluster.
Here is the cluster layout:
rabbit1 and rabbit2 were rebooted. Rabbit2 successfully rejoined the
cluster. Rabbit1 did not. Additionally, the rabbitMQ will no longer start
Reviewing the log on rabbit1, I find: Mnesia on 'rabbit1' could not connect
to node(s) ['rabbit2']
I can ping rabbit1 from rabbit2 and vice-versa.
What I've done so far:
1) Verified the erlang cookie values amongst all cluster nodes are identical
2) Verified the windows firewall is disabled on all cluster nodes.
2) Issued "rabbitmqctl forget_cluster_node rabbit1" on the rabbit3 master.
2) Deleted the mnesia database on rabbit1.
3) Successfully started RabbitMQ on rabbit1 (deleting mnesia DB did this).
4) Issued "rabbitmqctl stop_app", followed by "rabbitmqctl join_cluster
At this point, rabbitmqctl hangs after the "cluster node... with node... "
line (I waited over 15 minutes). Reviewing the log on rabbit1 again, I
find the same issue logged: Mnesia on 'rabbit1' could not connect to
Can anyone point me in the direction of what I should check next?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss