[rabbitmq-discuss] "Dead" beam.smp threads under high load

Paul Bowsher paul.bowsher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 14:35:57 BST 2013

Hi Emile, thanks for the reply.

Nothing interesting in any logs, just standard. It's difficult to pinpoint
at what point these threads die (or I guess get put to sleep and never
woken up again) so we can't search the logs specifically.

We're only running self-compiled RPMs because we're on RHEL5.6 and there
aren't vendor-supplied RPMs. We've not made any modifications to Erlang or
RabbitMQ.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcvkjd87iwre093/straces.tar.gz is a tarball of
straces for one of the nodes exhibiting this issue. The largest strace is,
unsurprisingly, the thread with the high load. I've set -s 1 to protect any
sensitive data. The output of rabbitmqctl report is available, is there
anything specific you want? It's a lot of output, and I want to be sure not
to accidentally disclose sensitive data publicly. I can send you it
directly though, PM me on Freenode if this would be useful.

etop output: https://gist.github.com/boffbowsh/116c4c2d953350111bc7

Thanks again for the help.

Paul

Paul Bowsher