[rabbitmq-discuss] mirrored queue cluster

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 4 21:38:28 BST 2013

On oct 5, 2013, at 12:30 a.m., "PATAR, SAGAR" <sp345s at att.com> wrote:

> Only 1 consumer can consume a message from a Queue right …

You can have multiple consumers per queue. On exclusive queues, they all have to be
on the same connection.

> With multiple clients we are expecting multiple consumers .. and we need to have the same message consumed by all the consumers ..
> I have seen the tutorial from that it looks like each consumer needs to have a separate queue and so a copy of a message will be forwarded …

If that's not sufficient, you can use exchange-to-exchange bindings to first distribute
messages between exchanges and those (fanout) exchanges will distribute messages
between queues.

That is only necessary if every consumer needs to get a copy of every message. If that's not
the case, simply add as many consumers as necessary on every queue.

> In case we are mirroring queues..Why do we want to mirror all the queues since they have exactly same messages ...

Mirrored queues is a high availability feature. If only one node in a cluster has contents of a queue
and that node fails, the entire queue content is gone. With mirrored queues, one of the mirrors
is promoted to master.

MK