[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq start-up failure

oc tsdb oc.tsdb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 12:24:02 BST 2013

Hi,

We installed rabbitmq-3.1.5 & while trying to start the rabbitmq from the
perl script we are seeing the rabbitmq process gets killed after 3-5 secs &
the following error is seen in the logs

Error description:
   {error,
       {cannot_delete_plugins_expand_dir,
           ["/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at localhost-plugins-expand",
            {cannot_delete,
                "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at localhost-plugins-expand
/amqp_client-3.1.5/include/amqp_client_internal.hrl",
                eacces}]}}

Log files (may contain more information):
   /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at localhost.log
   /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at localhost-sasl.log

Stack trace:
   [{rabbit_plugins,prepare_plugins,3},
    {rabbit,'-boot/0-fun-1-',0},
    {rabbit,start_it,1},
    {init,start_it,1},
    {init,start_em,1}]

We created a src rpm from the downloaded copy of the code , which will
install the rpm binaries in the deisred location.

In our case the binaries like rabbitmq-server in installed in
*/opt/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq-3.1.5/sbin/
*& also *in /opt/sbin/.*

When we try to start the rabbitmq from the
*/opt/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq-3.1.5/sbin/
*using */opt/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq-3.1.5/sbin/rabbitmq-server
start*command its working fine.

Where as if we try to start from */opt/sbin/ *by
using*/optsbin/rabbitmq-server start
* , its giving the above error.

Our requirement is that we should be able to start the rabbitmq from
/opt/sbin/.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you :)