[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue getting emptied and I don't know why...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 4 10:49:52 BST 2013

Hi,

On 04/10/13 06:57, michi.oshima wrote:
> Sorry, it *is* the no-ack.  I thought it was set to false, but it wasn't?
> For the Subscription class, the default for no-ack, I thought was false, but
> it must be true?  In any case, explicitly setting it to true gave me the
> behavior I wanted.

The answer certainly lies in the setting of the noAck flag. The
Subscription class sets this to true by default, meaning that messages
are automatically acknowledged on the server upon delivery. You should
set noAck to false to make sure that messages are only removed from the
queue after explicit acknowledgement from the client.

-Emile