[rabbitmq-discuss] Server-wide persistent global "property"?

Steve Marotta smarotta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:00:15 BST 2013

I'm not entirely sure how to characterize what I'm looking for here, but
here goes. What I want is to be able to implement, in RabbitMQ, a sort of
functionality that is similar to an environment variable. Suppose I want to
have a queue with a single value that one client can set and the other
clients can read that value as many times as they need without that value
going away until a client publishes a new value to the queue, replacing the
old value with the new one.

Is that possible in RabbitMQ?