[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP Connections over a Socks Proxy

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 3 11:12:11 BST 2013

Hi,

On 02/10/13 15:05, Khan, Farooq wrote:

> I was hoping that by setting the jvm system properties "socksProxyHost"
> and "socksProxyPort" Spring AMQP ConnectionFactory would go over the
> proxy however it does not.

> This certainly does not honor the JVM proxy settings. Or am I looking at
> the wrong place.

My understanding is that the JVM implementation intercepts these
properties and establishes connections differently based on their value.
You should see the effect without needing to recompile or change either
your own application or the client library. (If your proxy requires
authentication then code changes may be necessary.)

I would suggest confirming that your JVM behaves as expected with the
supplied parameters by testing with a simpler piece of code first, and
then try the same with the library.

-Emile