[rabbitmq-discuss] cluster upgrade 3.0 -> 3.1 - Downtime.

Santi Nuñez-Cacho brian.santiago at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:27:29 BST 2013

Hi,

We want to upgrade cluster from 3.0.1 => 3.1.5
Centos 6.4, cluster consisting of 2 nodes.

rabbitmq documentation claims that downtime is needed because 3.0.1 and
3.1.5 cannot be mixed in a cluster.

In order to take the cluster down, or find a method to not to, I want to
know if this will be fixed in the future. I mean, this "not same versions
running in the same cluster"

If newer versions fix that, I won't care too much, because this will be a
unique job maintenance downtime.

But if this could happen in the future, maybe I should work a  "upgrade
cluster method without downtime" out.

Cheers!