[rabbitmq-discuss] License

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 2 15:38:41 BST 2013

Hi,

On 02/10/13 15:04, PATAR, SAGAR wrote:
> What kind of a license do we ne to get for a commercial use .. Also do
> we have to purchase the support package separately or is it included
> with the license …

You can buy commercial support for RabbitMQ, either for the MPL licensed
version or the vFabric packaged version under the VMware EULA:
http://www.vmware.com/uk/download/eula/universal_eula.html
In this case you also get entitlement to the JMS client.

If you have further questions please send to support at rabbitmq.com

> For failover scenarios between cluster located in 2 different data
> centers (WAN) I guess we should be able to use Federation/Shovel .. ..

You should avoid clusters that span unreliable networks. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/partitions.html
http://www.rabbitmq.com/distributed.html

> Can we sync up the two clusters only on few exchanges instead of all the
> all the exchanges ..  we don’t want to get into the message/data traffic
> issues we just wanted to safeguard few type of messages only … Is it
> possible ??

You can define a high-availability policy that causes only a subset of
queues to be mirrored. For details see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html
http://www.rabbitmq.com/parameters.html#policies

-Emile