[rabbitmq-discuss] ANN Bunny 1.0.0.rc1

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 2 14:07:25 BST 2013

On oct 2, 2013, at 4:52 p.m., Ceri Storey <ceri at lshift.net> wrote:

> Ideally, because we use RabbitMQ for managing claims on a job (ie: ensuring no two processors handle the same work item) it'd be cool to have something that gets called on general disconnections as well. So, maybe:on_connection_error for just errors, or :on_disconnect for both clean and unclean disconnects?

I'm not talking about options to define callbacks, but rather to disable the current (and future default)
behavior. Callbacks will be defined via methods (we already have a couple).

Also, "connection error" may mislead some people to believe that it covers network connection
failures, which is a separate matter. :on_connection_level_exception is the best name I can
come up with so far.

MK