[rabbitmq-discuss] using ttl and dead-letter-exchange to retry after a delay, in PHP

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 2 10:15:45 BST 2013

On oct 1, 2013, at 3:39 p.m., Dave Alan Caruana <dave at caruana.biz> wrote:

> Currently nothing is coming through on $this->channelname (where there is a consumer, of course).

What is the value of $this->channelname? Channels have no names in the protocol. Exchanges
also cannot have consumers. I suspect there is some misunderstanding going on.

DLX needs to point to an exchange (any exchange), optionally with a routing key, that can route
messages the way you want.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html if you are not sure about the concepts.

You are using x-expires that is slightly higher than x-message-ttl. This will make the queue itself
to be deleted. Is this intentional?

MK