[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging RabbitMQ memory usage

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 16:55:37 BST 2013

Hi,

I have 2 clusers, 2 nodes each with same configuration. One node is serving
most of the traffic (about 100 req/sec via STOMP/SSL, basically zero
messages staying in queues) while other is "backup". Plugins are
management, management_federation, federation and stomp)

I have noticed that on clusterA, master node eats above 2GB RAM (after 2
days of uptime, slowly growing), mostly in "Plugins" and "Binaries", and in
clusterB both nodes are below 200MB RAM usage. Only difference is that on
clusterA stats are gathered on same node serving traffic while on clusterB
stats are on "secondary" node.

Software configuration is basically identical (I used puppet to deploy both
at same time), and clusterA is on slower machines, but by no means
overloaded (using maybe 5% CPU).

version: RabbitMQ 3.1.5.40927, Erlang R15B01, but same thing occurs on
current stable 3.1.5

Is there any way to debug what uses it and why it is leaking memory ?

Cheers
Mariusz