[rabbitmq-discuss] configure external data store(like database) for message durability in rabbitmq

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 1 15:59:41 BST 2013

On oct 1, 2013, at 6:37 p.m., "PATAR, SAGAR" <sp345s at att.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if the rabbitmq-java-client--3.1.5 has the capability to seamlessly connect to the cluster in case of failovers to Slaves or masters ?? or do we have to wrap the reconnect logic ..

You can connect to any node for both publishing and consuming. Performance characteristics
will vary depending on whether the node you connect to is master for the queue(s) you use
but otherwise any node will work just as well as any other.

> For multiple hosts and port .. can we use the below amqp URL ...
>
> amqp://username1:password1@hostName1:portNumber1,hostname2:portNumber2,hostname3:portname4/virtualHost

I don't think you can list multiple host:port pairs in the URI but there is a ConnectionFactory#newConnection version that will connect to the first reachable node.

MK