[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuration strategy

Adrien Brault monsti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 21:41:53 GMT 2013

Hey,

I've read the getting started tutorials and am bothered with one aspect:
publishers and consumers configures rabbitmq. I understand that those
configuration requests are idempotent, however it seems weird to let the
application(s) configure rabbitmq.

I don't think a publisher should be aware of the exchange type, and a
consumer should not be aware of bindings. Though I understand that some
pattern requires the application to create exchanges/queues/binding (like
RPC).

Is there a tool to have some configuration file for the server ?
My goal would be that publishers only know what kind of message to send to
a specific exchange, and consumer know what kind of message to get from a
specific queue.

What do you think ? How do you handle the queue/exchange creation and
binding logic in big application(s) ?