[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika Client starts consuming before calling start_consuming

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Nov 26 07:29:50 GMT 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 10:25, vadlamani maitreya <maitreya_vvm at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> So the following is the workflow i follow to achieve the above.
>
> 1) Register using  basic_consume on the queue.
> 2) Do basic_get from HP Queue
> 3)If no messages in HP Queue do a basic_get from LP Queue.
>
> I donot execute start_consuming() so the basic_consume is just for the number of consumers count in the RMQ server.
>
> This logic works perfectly fine with the standard Java Client.

Can you post some code that demonstrates this? With the Java client, if you use basicConsume
and there are messages in the queue, you will start getting deliveries immediately (basic.qos and other
consumers on the same channel may affect this, though).

Using basic.get after basic.consume makes no sense. If you want to use basic.get, there is no need to
use basic.consume.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ