[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible to set concurrent consumers at runtime?

Gary Russell grussell at gopivotal.com
Mon Nov 25 13:40:13 GMT 2013

You cannot currently change the listener container's concurrent consumers
at runtime. We have an open JIRA issue [1] for that; vote it up!

You can, however, stop the container, change the setting and restart the
container (stop(), setConcurrentConsumers(int), start()).

You do not have to restart the RabbitMQ server.

[1]: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/AMQP-306