[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c can't send message to queue

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 25 09:55:31 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 25/11/13 09:21, 3k4b251 wrote:
> once  I  made  a  mistake,    I   send  message  to   a   exchange  that   I
> was  not  create   before.

Publishing to a  non-existent exchange is a channel  error.  The channel
will disappear when  you do this.

See the  requirement around "not-found"  here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#basic.publish

> But It seems   all  right.

Publishing  is an asynchronous operation, so  errors will  not  be
reported immediately.

The  solution is to make sure that exchanges  exist before publishing.
For this reason  it is common for exchanges to be treated as static
features of  the messaging  configuration.

-Emile