[rabbitmq-discuss] a question about checking a queue contains a specific message or not

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 25 09:26:25 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 25/11/13 03:14, yby538 at 163.com wrote:

> now,i want to know is there an interface in rabbitmq like this for me to
> check whether my queue, fruit,  contains a specific message or not

The name of this feature is "queue browsing". RabbitMQ does not support
this directly. The workaround of consuming all messages in a queue and
requeuing non-matching messages is a messaging anti-pattern and discouraged.

In your analogy the solution is to route messages about different fruits
to different queues and check their queue lengths.

-Emile