[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.3 overload memory watermark

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 15 10:03:04 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 14/11/13 11:29, Tran Huu Trung Tin wrote:
> Having one weird point. my system has 2 rabbitmq run ha-mode. If
> - turn off rabbitmq machine 2, machine 1 run smoothly
> - turn off rabbitmq machine 1, machine 2 run smoothly too
>
> But run machine 1 and 2 same time, run very slow and overload watermark.
> This situation has happened since 2 days ago. Before they run with good
> performance.

That is because an mirrored queue works much harder than a non-mirrored
queue. You need better servers for HA queues than you do for non-HA
queues to get the same performance.

> If i upgrade to version 3.1.1, will be fixed issue overload watermark
> and process queue with better speed? I have checked everything (logs,
> network tcp, ...)

I would not expect a speed improvement, but you will have greater
control over when messages are paged to disk if you upgrade to the
latest version.

-Emile