[rabbitmq-discuss] Replot messages rates and system performance

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 15 09:38:48 GMT 2013

On 14/11/2013 11:37PM, Michael Klishin wrote:

> 2013/11/15 Zheng, Bangyou <zheng.bangyou at gmail.com
> <mailto:zheng.bangyou at gmail.com>>
>
>     I can use /api/overview to get the current status. Is there some way
>     to get the historical records like the plots in RabbitMQ management?
>     Or I have to write a script to get the current status at interval 1 min.
>

> RabbitMQ statistics database does not collect data for extended periods
> of time, you need to
> fetch the data periodically and plot it yourself.

Well, it maintains the overview data for one day by default. That might
be enough, or it can be extended:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#sample-retention

Zheng, to get historical samples, use msg_rates_age, msg_rates_incr,
data_rates_age, data_rates_incr, lengths_age and lengths_incr query
string parameters as documented in the last paragraph of the
introduction here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_2_1/priv/www/api/index.html

Cheers, Simon

--