[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about mirroring vs blocked publishing

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:54:48 GMT 2013

Hi,

before I delve deeper trying to figure out a RMQ node crash I'm seeing, I
thought I'd ask quickly if something like the following is a possibility.
(I don't have the full details of the setup to hand just now, only the gist
of it, apologies.)

I have a three node cluster set up with a queue getting mirrored to all
nodes, the memory highwater mark is set pretty low everywhere (20%). When
publishing reasonably quickly (~1000msgs/s across all three nodes), the
memory limit gets triggered on some nodes and publishers get blocked.

But also, some nodes tend to crash (still trying to find the exact log
message for the crash).

So, my question: Is mirroring impacted directly by publisher blocking? That
is, can mirroring fail, if the node that a message is supposed to get
mirrored to, is blocking?

This is using 3.2.0.

Thanks for any feedback,
Robby