[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ behind Amazon ELBs..

Matt Wise matt at nextdoor.com
Thu Nov 7 17:51:09 GMT 2013

We're using Celery, which leverages Kombu, which then leverages one of a
number of Python-based brokers. Since we require SSL for our AMQP
connections, we're using:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/amqp

Initially when we tried this (18 months ago), we ran into problems with the
ELB disconnecting our clients after their 60-second timeout. Now we may
have enough traffic that this doesn't even matter now ... but I'm curious
whether the heartbeats will solve this issue entirely now or not.

--Matt

Matt Wise
Sr. Systems Architect
Nextdoor.com