[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with VMWare vCloud Director notification

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Nov 6 15:08:37 GMT 2013

On 6 Nov 2013, at 14:39, Nair, Reshmi <Reshmi.Nair at emc.com> wrote:

> Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution? I am using RabbitMQ / Java2.3.1 and protocol is AMQP-0-9-1.
> All our  servers are running in virtual machines. Would there be any firewall issues or any timeout?

My colleague suggests that heartbeats are not disabled by default in 2.3.x releases.
Some firewalls and router products close TCP connections without any activity on them in,
say, 5-15 minutes.

Consider upgrading to at least 2.8 (it won’t require upgrading RabbitMQ in lockstep)
and enabling heartbeats [1].

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/javadoc/com/rabbitmq/client/ConnectionFactory.html#setRequestedHeartbeat%28int%29

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ