[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to access management portal after upgarding erlang and RabbitMQ

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 4 17:05:26 GMT 2013

On 04/11/13 16:57, carlhoerberg wrote:
> Some TLS clients (like firefox and chrome) seems to choke on the "Supported
> Elliptic Curves Extension" which Erlang sends with the ServerHello.
>
>> Yes, that is for the 'Supported Point Format Extension',
>> which the RFC says is fine to send in the ServerHello, but the RFC
>> doesn't say anything about the `Supported Elliptic Curves Extension`
>> being sent in a ServerHello, only in a ClientHello
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.erlang.bugs/3816

right, but as noted in that thread (though I haven't double-checked the
specs)... "unknown hello extensions according to the protocol shall be
ignored.", which would indicate that the clients are at fault here.

Anyway, looks like the OTP folks are going to remove the offending
extension in a future version.

Matthias.