[rabbitmq-discuss] Clean shutdown of a consumer with prefetch

Adam Ainsworth Adam.Ainsworth at TraderMedia.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 12:08:45 GMT 2013

We have Java RabbitMQ consumers with a large prefetch size for performance. When we close down the consumers the messages in the prefetch buffer on the consumer are marked as redelivered.  We do slow additional checks on redelivered messages to avoid duplicates, so this is a significant performance hit at a time when we have one less consumer than normal.

Is it possible to empty the prefetch buffer when we are closing down to avoid this?

Thanks,

Adam

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Trader Media Group Limited, Registered Office: Auto Trader House, Cutbush Park Industrial Estate, Danehill, Lower Earley, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 4UT(Registered in England No. 4768833). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.