[rabbitmq-discuss] previous connection is NOT automatically closed if IP different

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon Nov 4 08:11:28 GMT 2013

On nov 4, 2013, at 5:24 AM, L H, Wong <lhwong at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering why if IP for first and second connections are the same (in the scenarios in which the connection lost and resumed almost immediately via same network) the first connection gets closed almost immediately after the second connection was established.

I don’t have an immediate answer but IP connections are not identified by IP’s. They are
identified by a tuple of {protocol, client IP, client port, server IP, server port}.

Unless Android tries to be smart and reuse ports in their TCP/IP stack implementation,
client ports should be ephemeral (randomly taken from a pool of tens of thousands
available ports).

May I ask how you manage to reconnect from the same device on a different IP?
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ