[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Federation & SSL

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 29 23:52:48 BST 2013

On 29/05/13 23:00, Eric Cozzi wrote:
> What am I doing wrong?? I have set auth_mechanism=external in my
> federation URI, but according to the RabbitMQ log, it's trying to
> authenticate as guest.

You didn't actually post the logs.

Are you sure the entries you see in the logs aren't from authorisation
requests of the local connections used by the federation plug-in to
publish messages? According to the federation local-username parameters
you posted these connections will be associated with the 'guest' user.

Matthias.