[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring for busy_dist_port

Iain Hull iain.hull at workday.com
Fri May 24 15:35:07 BST 2013

Hi Simon, Tim,

Thanks for your replies and effort analysing my query.

On Riak we have experienced stability issues when large data is
being transferred.  I am not too sure the exact root cause, but we see
busy_dist_port messages then one of the Riak nodes crashes and has to be
restarted by Chef.  Increasing "+zdbbl 18432" resolved this issue.

This contains more information about Riak and this setting
http://boundary.com/blog/2012/09/26/incuriosity-killed-the-infrastructur/

We have not seen any stability issues with our use of RabbitMQ to date.
After our Riak experience I was concerned if our RabbitMQ usage pattern
changes over time (for example message sizes increase), we could experience
similar stability issues too.  If there is a chance of this I would like to
be warned before its a problem.

Iain.

--
Iain Hull