[rabbitmq-discuss] reply-to header in STOMP frames causing "Processing Error"

Russell Jenkins russell.jenkins at strategicdata.com.au
Tue May 21 13:53:44 BST 2013

Hi,

After reciently upgrading to RabbitMQ 3.1.0 we are now seeing a
'Processing Error' when (some) STOMP frames contain a 'reply-to' header.
[ Sending the frame without a reply-to header, or using a /temp-queue as
the reply-to queue both send successfully ]

Any ideas as to how to interpret the stack trace below, or hints suggest
what I'm doing wrong would be most appreciated.

Here's a sample frame that  causes the error (the queue has been created
in the admin interface):
===
SEND
destination:/amq/queue/test1
reply-to:/amq/queue/test1

Test message
===

The corresponding stack trace form the log is:
=ERROR REPORT==== 21-May-2013::22:21:07 ===
STOMP error frame sent:
Message: "Processing error"
Detail: "Processing error"
Server private detail: {badarg,
                            [{erlang,list_to_binary,
[[84,95,47,116,101,109,112,45,113,117,101,117,
                                   101,47|none]],
                                 []},
                             {rabbit_stomp_util,internal_tag,1,[]},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,ensure_reply_queue,2,[]},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,ensure_reply_to,2,[]},
                             {rabbit_stomp_processor,do_send,4,[]},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,with_destination,4,[]},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,process_request,3,[]},
                             {gen_server2,handle_msg,2,[]}]}

Thanks in advance,
    Russell
--