[rabbitmq-discuss] Error while calling ExchangeBind()

Vikram Viswanathan vikram.vis at gmail.com
Tue May 21 06:15:07 BST 2013

Hi All,
     I have a very simple scenario. I create a queue, exchange and bind
the queue to exchange.

     Code :
     String queueName = new
StringBuilder("LP.DATA.").append("TESTACCOUNT").append(".").append("subLP").toString();
     channel.exchangeDeclare(ExchangeConstants.DATA_EXCG, "direct", true);
     channel.queueDeclare(queueName, true, false, false, null);
     channel.exchangeBind(queueName, ExchangeConstants.DATA_EXCG,
queueName);

     I get the following error when exchangeBind() is called.

     com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: channel error; reason:
{#method<channel.close>(reply-code=404, reply-text=NOT_FOUND - no
exchange 'LP.DATA.TESTACCOUNT.subLP' in vhost '/', class-id=40,
method-id=30), null, ""}

     My ExchangeConstants.DATA_EXCG is "DATA_EXCG". Using RabbitMq admin
I see that the exchange and queue are all created. From the exception I
don't understant why is it looking for exchange with name
"LP.DATA.TESTACCOUNT.subLP", this is a queuename.  It seems quite
trivial, I am sure I am missing something.

     I am using java rabbitmq-client version 3.04.

Thanks,
Vikram